Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Mikayla's layout and update on Potty Chart

Recently I came across a challenge where the entries must be completed by a child age 6 to 10. What an awesome idea! And bravo to the Happy Inspirational crew for creating a challenge to get our youth involved! You can check out the blog at http://www.happyinspirationalscrappin.blogspot.com/ and here was the challenge...


Create a layout based on the quote..."Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower"

Here is her creation....
Mikayla is only 6 years old, but she is very willing to help mommy craft. I find it so awesome that she knows how to ink the edge of paper or clean off the stamps. She is definitely going to be my crafting partner in crime!

The hardest part for me was letting her do what she wanted. I think she did an awesome job and I'm very proud of her! Her journaling says "The sun makes me feel happy".





Interested in an update on Alexis' nightly potty training!....If you recall I posted the motivational poster on January 8th and that is when we started the challenge. She would collect one dog for every morning she woke up and her pull up was dry. She finally collected 10 dogs and received her Littlest Pet Shop bunnies {which have been out of her reach for the last two months}.
Daddy and I are very proud of her, but we'll get really excited when she is more consistent and we can be a diaper free home! {We have never been diaper free in all of our eight years together!}

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! I am sorry but I think I left a comment under the wrong posting! LOL! My mouse got away from me and kept going...LOL! Please see my comment under one of the other postings. Your daughter did an amazing job!
Amy

Carolyn King said...

she did a great job on that page. Fingers crossed for diaper free house....we are working on that as well here!