Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The good and the not so good....

Do you have those layouts that as you are creating them you really, really like them? You are happy with the final product and your excited to have it finished and post it or slide it into your album? This happened last night....I used this sketch design from Designdollies.blogspot.com (a new challenge site I just found out about and think I'm going to love {thanks Sarah})...


These pictures just crack me up and I think the layout is cheery and fun! I usually don't get paint out cause I'm too lazy to clean it up, but I've been reaching for it more and more lately. I love how the clouds turned out....it was exactly how I pictured them. So, I was very happy with this creation....

But other times.....I have good "visions" on what I want the layout to look like, but as I start it, its not looking how I really wanted it and I'm just not as excited about it. That's the feeling on this layout...its OK, but definitely not my favorite. It still records a memory so its a keeper, but not entering it in any beauty contests. lol

The latest challenge at EBTKS...
Since it is soon Easter time, I thought I'd go with an Easter card...I'm having fun lately with the pinwheel creations, I think they are fun.

9 comments:

Leah l'Orange said...

oooh, Heather, FABULOUS take on the sketch! i love your little egg card, too - that is just TOO cute!
thanks for playing with the Dollies - we're glad Sarah introduced you to us! :) good luck in this month's draws!

Lisa Petrella said...

Your egg card is absolutely ADORABLE!!! Love the image, the sentiment and those darling pinwheels!!!! Great work!

Unknown said...

Love those puffy clouds on your LO! Great take on the sketch! What ADORABLE pics! Paint can be sooo addictive LOL! Thanks for playin with us Dollies! Thank Sarah for us ;)

Ilene said...

I know exactly what you mean - some LO's I just love and others...eh. I really love the way your Pucker Up one turned out - the colors are just so bright and warm, it came together beautifully. And the card is too cute!

Sherrie said...

Hi Heather,
Thanks for stopping by my place. Great pages. Love that one of the baby smooching. Cute and adorable. The Easter card is cute too. Have a great day!

Sherrie
My Journal

Courtney Baker said...

I'm loving some pinwheels too! They are just so fun! Thanks for playing EBTKS!

Winter said...

What a CUTE layout, I love it! And I love that card and the cute sentiment! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS challenge! :)

KarenB said...

Hi Heather, loving your Dollies sketch LO, how cute are those photos?? What a cherub!

heidi said...

omg your dollies l/o is just stinkin adorable!!!!!!!! great job getting those shots! that egg card is a hoot, too!