Friday, March 12, 2010

Grandma's Birthday, class, and fun...

I have to confess...I have been so overwhelmed with our schedule at home recently and I forgot about my Grandma's birthday. Shame on me! On Wednesday I went to the market to pick up soup and as soon as I wrote the date on the check it dawned on me....it's Grandma's birthday! I feel terrible that my card is going to be a little late (she is always so delighted to see a handmade card). I know she'll still love it.

When I was deciding how to create her card I knew it had to be bright and colorful. Grandma hates dark colors, especially black. She loves colors! (That's such an awesome quality about her!) I recently seen a tutorial on this flower and thought it was cute.....

Then a fun bird on the inside...
And some colorful rub-ons for the envelope. In the past I would stamp on the envelope, but I really like the rubon's for the envelope. I'll have to remember that for next time.

I'd like to add more teaching experience to my crafting resume. So I created this picture frame for a class project at our local ACMoore (Temple). If you are interested, the class is Tuesday March 30th from 6 to 8. You have to register at the store.
And to brighten my day.... This picture cracks me up! What is with that face, LOL! Oh, I love her so much!

2 comments:

Sarah Lou said...

I love that flower on taht card! Its so bright and cheery!!!

Cath said...

Hey Heather! Thanks so much for entering the Picking Up the Pieces Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)