Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thank You Veterans!

Every year when Veteran's Day comes around I think of the great men and women who have and are serving our country. I think of my father who served in the US Army at the end of the Vietnam war in Germany. Before he passed away he requested a military funeral. I have never experienced a more humbling experience in my life.
I think of my Uncle who has been a huge part of my life for many reasons. He was also a Vietnam veteran who received a Purple Heart for his services. I remember him talking to me and my classmates about it in High School. I was so proud of him and his medal, but it was definitely a different reaction for my Uncle. He remembers things and events that I could not even imagine.
I think of the men and women how are serving our country right now and have to leave their families here to keep our country safe and free.
I thank them all and pray that God keeps them all safe.


Happy Veteran's Day!

No comments: