Monday, November 23, 2009

Teacher conferences....

Oh, I just love to go to teacher conference! Today Joe and I met with Mikayla's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Foltz. I just love to hear that she is doing amazing in school! She loves to be in school and she loves to do well! I certainly think she is a smart cookie, but its definitely great to hear she is doing awesome by school and state standards too!

Joe and I, also, met with Casey's 4th grade teacher this afternoon too. I am so distressed and frustrated with why our school system decided to change its grading practices! What was wrong with A,B,C,D, and F? Now we have 4,3,2, and 1! The literature states that this system promotes "learning" over "earning" and it motives children to improve throughout the year better. I just do not agree! Why wouldn't a child who gets a C be motived to get a B or A? So the teacher did lots of explaining on the new grading system and we were excited to hear that Casey is doing well! {We just have to work on some Math facts}.

Oh, and next year when she goes to 5th grade she'll be back to the A,B,C,D, and F grading system! {At least for now.}

No comments: