Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Teaching kids class...

I was asked to teach a girls group {Wilderness Club} at our local library the basics of scrapbooking. I did that class a few weeks ago and the kids were awesome! They range in age from about 10 to 14 and they were so excited to do crafts. I had the girls bring in photos and I got supplies for them along with some pages for inspiration....then set them free.

This time I'm teaching them about stamping...and what a perfect time, right before Valentine's Day. I created some ideas that I thought would be easy for the girls to recreate if they would choose to use them for Valentine's to hand to their friends. They'll be creating the same cards I made samples of.

This was my favorite....I just love the teal and hot pink together. Such a clean, simple design, but would be so easy to make lots of them!
and the inside....
I just love this owl design stamp....had to use it. The single letters would make this a little more time consuming to recreate multiples of...
the inside....
A fun little matchbook design....I really think the girls are going to like this idea.
the inside view....
Another easy card to recreate multiples....
the inside....
all together...
I'm looking forward to getting together with the girls next week...I know they are going to have lots of fun! {Plus, I'm getting double the amount of girls this time...they must have enjoyed the first one and passed the word.}

No comments: