Thursday, January 20, 2011

SNOW DAY

This past Tuesday the kids had a snow day!!! Yeah...and I didn't have to work....so we enjoyed the day together.
We spent the day in pjs, ate a yummy breakfast of cheese omelets and blueberry english muffins with strawberry jam, and then had some fun!
We played a game of Skip-Bo...this is a great game for children of all ages. It's great to see Alexis learning her numbers and recognizing the order.
Mikayla enjoyed helping her sister play and she was trying to shuffle the cards, but she needs a little more practice to be a card shark.
CHEESE...
I don't know where she gets these silly faces from!
Then the girls decorated my hair while I read Where the sidewalk ends for an hour. {And let me go on record here...I know this book is a classic, but there are some weird and inappropriate poems in this book.} After I had the girls remove the million barrettes from my hair, Alexis decided to decorate her hair....doesn't she look beautiful?
Maybe about a year ago I made myself a book review journal. My aunt just recently seen it and she said she would like to have one too. She is a very avid reader and would find it useful to list a little summary of the books in a journal. I'm really happy with how this turned out...I'm thinking about replacing the one I have? I seen a card recently that had a similar sun design and I love these colors from Sassafrass.
The inside...and yes I did stamp 15 stars on every page of the this journal.
Her birthday is in February {wow, I have a gift made almost a month ahead of time?...that's amazing!} I hope she likes it.

No comments: