Thursday, April 29, 2010

Alittle craftiness

What a nice break we had in Nags Head, NC last week. This was the first time we visited the Outer Banks area and we are already looking forward to going back. The location of the house was ideal and the house was absolutely amazing and fun! We definitely took a chance going in the off season, but the weather was great! I took almost 600 pictures (I really thought is was going to be more) and I'll be sharing some in the days to come. I'm looking forward to getting order back in the home and getting back to some crafting!

I did take a small inventory of supplies along, but only got one day to find some free time to craft. I came up with this colorful layout. I just love all the yellow and pink!
Then I created this layout to mark "10 months" for Alexis. It's more of an information page and the papers came out a little BRIGHT for me, but the memory is recorded, just not marked as a top ten favorite layout.
Then my budding crafter, Mikayla, had to create. I'm so glad she is into this hobby with me, I'm just really, really looking forward to her being able to create a little more independently.
With our limited resources, this is what we came up with to create "popcorn"...rolled pieces of yellow paper. Since I'm such a hoarder with my pattern paper....I almost fainted when she cut right through the Cosmo Cricket pattern paper (located along the bottom)....she took a large sheet and cut that "creative" design out of the center! Aaagh!
Then to keep me even more distracted....my littlest angel wanted to craft too! She was really into using the butterfly punch....just wait it's coming. LOL
Ta-Da! How cute....I think she did pretty good for only having half (maybe a little less) of my attention and she's only 3.
Mom (who has not caught the scrapping bug), Mikayla, and myself stole away one afternoon and visited a local scrapbooking supplies store in the Outer Banks. I can't wait to decorate this amazing album....
And the owner had this book on display with some very clever ideas hidden in it. She was very kind to share.

Then of course, one of the well known sites to visit in the Outer Banks is the Wright Brothers Memorial. We did visit the site and listened to a very interesting fellow talk about the Wright Brothers. When I seen these interested pieces I just had to have them for the mini album...


Hopefully I'll have some photos ready to share tomorrow.

No comments: